Клуб "Преступление и наказание" • Просмотр темы - Why do we need an English forum?

Клуб "Преступление и наказание"

входя в любой раздел форума, вы подтверждаете, что вам более 18 лет, и вы являетесь совершеннолетним по законам своей страны: 18+
Текущее время: 18 янв 2018, 04:27

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Why do we need an English forum?
СообщениеДобавлено: 19 янв 2007, 04:49 

There is a question that interested me since old forum times - WHY there is an English forum? What purpose does it serve, in what circumstances you are supposed to prefer it over the main one. And why is it English, specifically? :) Why not French, or German :)

Perhaps, there is an inherent relation between English language and spankings? But, alas, it is incomprehensible for everyone but the wisest among us, and so they add this subforum to each forum reincarnation as a hint to us, unwashed savages?

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 19 янв 2007, 16:51 

Since it was not empty I suppose there were circumstances when somebody did prefer it over the Russian part. I've done it a couple of times myself. :P

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 20 мар 2007, 23:44 

english is internatioanal spanking language :)))) besides belt and cane of cource :)

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Why do we need an English forum?
СообщениеДобавлено: 22 апр 2009, 23:39 

May I ask, are there "citizens" of this forum/club for whom Russian is not their first language? (For me, it's halfway - my two equally first languages are Ukrainian and Russian, but my predominantly used language for the last ~20 years is English). Also, what number (share? proportion?) of the posters live outside Russia, or outside of the former Soviet Union? Thank you.

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Why do we need an English forum?
СообщениеДобавлено: 23 апр 2009, 13:33 

Difficult to say really because posters come and go, and those active at one time may become inactive later due to a number of reasons - temporarily or permanently. My mother tongue is definitely Russian, but I too have been using English rather a lot for the last couple of decades.

Заголовок сообщения: Re:
СообщениеДобавлено: 23 апр 2009, 17:30 

Natka писал(а):
english is internatioanal spanking language :)))) besides belt and cane of cource :)

It's a well known fact that Russian population consists of optimists, pessimists and realists. Optimists learn English. Pessimists master Chinese. Realists practice their AK-47 handling skills. And this is undoubtedly an international language too ;)

"Sure," replied the philosopher of Fortune. "All languages come easy to the man who must know 'em. I've even failed to misunderstand an order to evacuate in classical Chinese when it was backed up by the muzzle of a breech-loader."

("Cabbages and Kings", ©O'Henry, 1904)

Заголовок сообщения: Re: Re:
СообщениеДобавлено: 24 апр 2009, 01:00 

Ыщ Йынд писал(а):
Natka писал(а):

It's a well known fact that Russian population consists of optimists, pessimists and realists. Optimists learn English. Pessimists master Chinese. Realists practice their AK-47 handling skills. And this is undoubtedly an international language too ;)

Well, I don't know about optimists and pessimists and realists, but I am learning to speak SOUTHUN!

I rec'n I'm a'fixin' to larn, an it ain't fixin' to botha me none! Hit's a'gonna be fun to shaw dis ta all y'all when I'm done a'larnin!

Часовой пояс: UTC + 4 часа